Skip to content
- Where did the idea for the title Kissy Cousins come from?
- Wayne Keeley and Craig Dobson were trying to raise money for a horror film, but fell short. They did, however, have enough for a low-budget comedy. One day, one of our production assistants said, “You know what they say, Kissy Cousins, Monster Babies.” And the light bulb went off.
- What about the story idea?
- Wayne had read Michael Crichton’s Jurassic Park long before it was made into a film and knew it was destined for the silver screen. He figured they were ahead of their time if they could parody the whole dinosaur thing, releasing a film around the same time as Jurassic Park came out.
- So what happened?
- It took 27 years to make Kissy Cousins. Strangely enough it did coincide with the newer incarnation, Jurassic World!
- Why did it take so long?
- Well, making a movie can sometimes be like a snowball rolling down a hill. At a point it may become bigger than the mountain. It took about three years to shoot the original core of the film, spanning seven states and the District of Columbia. We finally finished shooting the new footage, edited the whole thing, and had picture lock in early 2019.